PFP Energy Ltd believes it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy.
This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data. You should read this policy in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions. When we first obtain Personal Data from you, or when you take a new service or product from us, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not want to receive information from us about other services or products (as applicable). You can normally do this by ticking a box on an application form or contract. You may change your mind at any time by emailing us at the address below. Some of the Personal Data we hold about you may be ‘sensitive personal data’ within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, for example, information about your health or ethnic origin.
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- When you agree to take a service or product from us, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product or service and your bank details.
- When you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the Personal Data you have provided and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
- We may carry out credit checks with one or more licensed credit reference agencies. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit checks
- If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other organisations.
- If you need details of those credit agencies from which we obtain and with which we record information about you, please write to our Data Protection Officer at South Rings Business Park, 18 Craven Drive, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6BZ.
Joined-up services: sharing across Places for People Group
- Places for People is committed to delivering accessible, appropriate, timely and effective services and it is important that it can properly co-ordinate what it does for your benefit and may share your information across services within the group.
- You have the right to opt out of this or any other data sharing initiatives. However, remember that Places for People is only collecting it for the purpose of providing the services on offer to you.
How can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
- You have a right to know what personal data is held about you. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request. You should simply write to the Data Protection Officer at the above address with a request.
- We may send you a form to complete, which asks you for the type of information you are interested in obtaining if it is not clear in your initial correspondence.
- A fee of £10 is charged to process your request and you may be asked for identification so that we do not provide your data to anyone else. Copies of your personal information will then be supplied to you within the 40-day period required by the Act but we strive to provide it well within that period.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please inform us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- You can find more information about your rights on how we handle your personal data from the Information Commissioner on 01625 545 700 or via their website http://www.ico.org.uk/
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that's stored on your computer. Cookies allow us to:
- Distinguish you from other users of the website
- Provide you with a good experience when you browse our website
- Improve our site.
You can usually control of most cookies through the settings on your web browser. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
So what cookies do we use?
|These cookies collect information about how visitors use our site. Information is collected anonymously. We use the information to improve the website. Information collected includes the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from and pages visited.
||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
To opt out of being
tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit the Google site.
||We use CrazyEgg to get a better idea of how people navigate our website. This cookie only records whether you are a new or returning visitor. It does not store any information that could identify you.
||To find out more visit http://support.crazyegg.com/cookies
||Formisimo is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how their visitors interact with forms. Formisimo collects aggregated anonymous information and it reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Formisimo uses a single cookie within a session to determine how visitors progress through a form. The cookie will expire when a user closes their browser window.
||To find out more visit Formisimo.
||Facebook Pixels help us to reach our existing audience on Facebook and supply them with relevant content.
||To find out more visit Facebook