Paul Flint, Paul Berkovi and Rob Croxen of Alvarez & Marsal Europe LLP (“A&M”) were appointed as Joint Administrators of PFP Energy Limited (“PFPE”) and PFP Energy Supplies Limited (“PFPES”) (together “the Companies”) on 24 September 2021.
All customers of PFPES transferred to British Gas Trading Limited (“British Gas”) under the Ofgem regulated Supplier of Last Resort (“SoLR”) process with effect from 11 September 2021. Energy supplies to customers have remained secure throughout this process, with British Gas supplying energy to all customers of PFPES from this date. Further details of the Ofgem SoLR process can be found at the following link:
Final customer statements
Final statements will be issued by PFPES to its customers by post on or before 11 March 2022 showing either a debit or credit balance.
We are aware that some customers may have moved energy supplier before or after the SoLR date of 11 September 2021, however will have a debit or credit balance for their energy usage with PFPES.
Final statements have been calculated based on customers usage up to 10 September 2021 (or the date which a customer switched energy supplier, if that was prior to this date).
If you haven’t received a final statement but believe you should have, please contact British Gas. Contact details can be found on the dedicated British Gas webpage as detailed in the relevant section below.
If a final statement shows a debit balances
If a customer account shows a debit balance then this amount is owed by the customer.
PFPES has agreed to assign all debit balances to British Gas, who will look to collect any outstanding amounts.
- If a customer transferred to British Gas as part of the SoLR process, the debit will be applied to a customer’s new British Gas account – a customer can either pay this balance straight away or as part of a payment scheme agreed with British Gas.
- If a customer is not a current customer of British Gas, the amount remains payable. British Gas will contact these customers direct and let them know how to pay the outstanding debit.
If a customer is struggling to pay a debit balance then please find details of extra support that’s available at:
If a final statements shows a credit balances
If a customer account shows a credit balance then this amount is owed to the customer.
All credit balances will be honoured by British Gas.
- If a customer transferred to British Gas as part of the SoLR process, British Gas will apply a customer’s credit to their new British Gas account.
- If a customer is not a current customer of British Gas, their credit balance will still be honoured by British Gas – they are working on getting this to customers as soon as possible.
Further information on credit balances can be found on the dedicated British Gas webpage as detailed in the relevant section below.
Further information and contacting British Gas
For further information on the topics discussed above, or if you have any other queries please find further details, including contact information, on the following dedicated British Gas webpage:
- If you are a residential customer, details can be found at:
- If you are a business customer, details can be found at: