Find our most recent updates and information about COVID-19 below.
Information about self-service
Please help our call centre team by self-serving online and through the automated phone lines where possible.
This will help us to meet the needs of the most vulnerable customers.
We have a great way to easily self-serve online by using the My Account portal. You can use the portal to submit meter reads, top up your account if you pay by Direct Debit, edit your details and much more. There’s also our Help and Support page which has a range of FAQs to help with managing your account. If you get stuck or can’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to use our web chat facility where an agent can help you further or send us an email.
Do you need to submit a meter reading or make a payment? It’s important to send in your meter readings as this helps your bills to be as accurate as possible. Top up payments may be necessary if you’re running up a debit amount. We have the following automated phone line options for submitting reads and making payments:
Meter reads – 01772 395777 press option 3
Payments – 01772 395774
Helpful documents and further information
The safety and well-being of our customers and colleagues is our number one priority. During this difficult time for the UK, we are doing all we can to ensure that all of our customers, especially those in vulnerable situations, continue to receive the services they need. We’ve listed some key considerations below which include:
- Consider topping up more than usual in case of self-isolation.
- Make a list of friends and family who may help you to top up if you need to self-isolate.
- If the meter is outside, leave the meter box unlocked if it’s safe to do so, so someone else can top up for you. Please ensure that the meter will not be subject to any adverse weather conditions which may cause a fault.
- If you live in England someone may be able to top up for you through the NHS Volunteer Responder Scheme. You can download the GoodSAM app and use this to request for someone in your area to help. Please note that this service is for NHS, social care workers and people who are self-isolating. Click here for more information.
If you would like further information please click below.
Struggling to pay advice
We want to assure you that we are doing everything possible to support you through this difficult time. No credit meters will be disconnected during the outbreak, however please be mindful that any support we provide you now will need to be repaid at a future date. If you are struggling to pay your bills there are a range of options that can be discussed on a case by case basis. These options include:
- Considering reassessing, reducing or pausing debt repayment and bill payments if you are in financial distress
- We have suspended all warrant activity to disconnect customers for non-payment at this time (unless this is for safety, theft or vacant properties)
- We will support prepayment meter customers directly or indirectly wherever possible to help you to stay on supply.
Priority Services Register (PSR)
The Priority Services Register provides a range of services to help you manage your energy account if you require extra help and support. This may include extra help in the case of an emergency (such as loss of supply) or in the case of a planned interruption in your supply. Eligibility for the register includes, but is not limited to, you or someone in your household;
- Having a disability
- Having a chronic illness
- Being of pensionable age
It is free, confidential and there as a helping hand for those customers that depend on their energy the most. You can read more about the PSR here, including how to apply.
Critical vs non critical sites
We’ve been working hard to ensure our customers, employees and partners are protected by following the Government guidelines surrounding COVID-19. As restrictions begin to ease we are looking to restart non-emergency metering jobs, such as meter readings and metering works, whilst ensuring everyone involved is protected. Our partners will carry out a risk assessment before entering your home and always adhere to the Government guidelines including staying socially distanced and wearing Personal Protective Equipment (where applicable) during any visit. Here’s a short video from one of our partners, National Grid, to help demonstrate the type of procedures that are in place.
Adding My Account to your home screen
You can now easily add your online My Account portal to your phone’s homescreen which means you can do eveything straight away through your mobile.
This will mean that you will be able to login one time and access your account from anywhere.